|Salaris:||Afhankelijk van kennis en ervaring|
|Datum:||10 december 2020|
Do you want to contribute to the care of children during the war with your strong financial experience? And do you want to help a team with their growth and development? Then we have this great job at War Child!
Astorium is looking exclusively for War Child Holland for a Team Leader Administration. You are responsible for the accurate and timely worldwide administration of financial transactions and ensure that War Child Holland’s accounting is correct and complete. You are also responsible for War Child’s worldwide financial administration and you provide accurate financial reports to all internal and external stakeholders.
Do you feel at home in a NGO and are you experienced with accounting (preferably within iNGO), Dutch tax and banking regulations? Then respond immediately!
At War Child Holland (WCH) we work to improve the resilience and wellbeing of children living with violence and armed conflict. To ensure that the funds we receive from our individual and institutional donors are spent effectively and efficiently, leading to an optimal and lasting impact and benefitting these children’s lives, WCH needs a thorough and accurate financial administration system and as Team Leader Financial Administration at War Child Holland (WCH) this is what you work for – better future for children affected by war.
As Team Leader Financial Administration you are responsible for the accurate and timely global administration of financial transactions, to ensure bookkeeping of WCH is correct, complete and timely. Additionally, you are in charge of War Child’s global financial administration and providing accurate financial information to all internal and external stakeholders.
As Team Leader Financial Administration you supervise hierarchically the team of financial officers and supervise functionally the financial colleagues who work in our programme Country offices. You report to the Head of Finance Department, in our office in Amsterdam, where this position is based.
- Set up and maintain the financial administrative organisation and system, ensuring accurate financial administration of Amsterdam office and the global financial administration of WCH
- You are an expert on the global bookkeeping, administrative processes and system, able to answer questions from stakeholders in own team and abroad.
- Support in development of financial system and processes to sustain quality and growth of WCH
- Manage employees by monitoring the quality, efficiency and quantity of the performance of work and guide, instruct and motivate staff.
- Maintain external contact as responsible person with for example auditors or bank.
- Bachelor or HBO level in Finance Management, Accounting or related field
- Min. of 5 years working experience in financial administration role, for example accountant, preferably in international settings and iNGOs.
- Good understanding of accounting (preferably, within iNGO), Dutch fiscal and banking regulations
- Experience with managing a team supported by strong intercultural communication and team player skills
- Experience in maintaining contact with banks, auditors, etc
- Ample knowledge of processing data in the administrative systems and financial ERP system (preferably UNIT4)
- Knowledge of foreign currency accounting and payment issues
- Microsoft Excel has no secrets for you
- Full proficiency (verbal and written) in English and preferably Dutch
- Fully support War Child’s mandate and mission
- EU citizen or eligible to work in the Netherlands
You will work in a dynamic international organization. There is an informal atmosphere with plenty of room for creativity, inspiration and the initiative of employees. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring work environment.
- Salary range from €3263 to €4221 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- Possibility to work 32 hours
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional free days
- A contributory pension scheme
- Laptop to work from any location and mobile phone contribution of €25 per month
- Possibility to follow (online) training and/or courses
- Pleasant working conditions, good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
The job interviews wille be online or on location according to RIVM guidelines. For the time being, everyone works from home.
If you have any questions, please contact our Recruiter Bianca Bergenhenegouwen.
Are you the experienced Team Leader with a good motivation to work for War Child? Send your English CV (in Word format) before December 29st via the “Solliciteer Direct” (Apply now) button. A reference check is part of the procedure.
Approaching our client directly by Job agencies or candidates is not appreciated by our client.